Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD: Chipster-Topped Brownies




Is it midnight yet?! Nope. 10:30pm. Whew, I still have time to post.


This week on TWD, we made the Chipster-Topped Brownies. These are not just any brownies. They're brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough on top!




I had some trouble spreading the cookie dough evenly on top of the brownie mixture. Some of the brownie swirled into the cookie part. (sigh) Any tips on how to make this easier are welcome. So my finished brownies don't look like how I imagined them. I thought the cookie part would look like chocolate chip cookie rather than blend into the brownie. I haven't looked at any of the other bakers' brownies yet, so maybe this is what they're supposed to look like.





I couldn't resist. I had to try it right away. They're very good. Ooey, gooey good! Dangerously good.


Up close and personal. Is your mouth watering yet?



This recipe involved melting chocolate and butter together. This can be done by placing a heat resistant bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water. Or, you can use a double boiler, aka a bain marie. I got this as a wedding present and have used it often over the years. It's great for making lemon curd and melting chocolate. Anything that needs to be heated gently.




Jeff is out of town working and I don't want to wind up eating the whole batch, so I packed them up and am sending them to a swap partner in a yarn swap who loves chocolate chip cookies. I hope she likes them! I saved a few for Jeff.

Thanks goes to Beth of Supplicious for picking this week's recipe. Feel free to visit her blog and see how she liked her pick. You can find the recipe there and on page 94 in Dorie's book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I baked the brownie part about 10 minutes (half batch) to firm them up so the dough spread a little easier.

It's nice that you had someone to share with!

TeaLady said...

That looks great. They turned out really well for you.

Pamela said...

They look great and I am sure your friend is going to be very happy when she gets that package!